Cebu has never run out of options to dine-in seeing the wide variety of food selection to choose from. And if you feel a bit adventurous for a new bizarre and exotic dining experience without spending much from your pocket, then this post is for you. Read on and let me take you to the wild side of culinary.
Top Silog District is located in Ground Floor, Sebastien Hotel, ML Quezon, Highway, Lapu-Lapu City, just a stone's throw away from Mactan Newtown. In addition to its existing topsilogan where silog and halo-halo are the main highlights and winning favorites to diners, they finally open the wine and beer section featuring delish exotic food.
The Place: Inspired by Comics and Super Heroes Fandom
Luckily, I was able to talked to the owner, Mr. Frederick Rizon, and asked him the inspiration and concept behind the newly opened extension of his restaurant. The interior was inspired from his fandom and love for super heroes specifically the Marvels, just like what we saw in the walls, the images of Ironman, Hulk, and Thor that are way too good for an Instagram post.
The Wines & Beers, and Food: Affordable Exotic Dining Experience
The owner expressed how he want Top Silog District Wine and Beer section made available to all including common diners. As per Mr. Rizon, their wines are the same that are served in hotels but what made it unconventional is the price, they offer it a very affordable price.
So why exotic food? The owner explains he wants to bring something new, something different in the food scene yet affordable at the same time. On top of that, they are also offering Filipino, American, and Japanese food meals.
The fun idea behind this place does not end there. Its Iced tea and juices are also named after the super heroes; Hulk's Lime Cooler in pitcher, Iron Man's Four Seasons in pitcher, Captain America's Purple Brew in pitcher, Thor's Tropic Kick in pitcher.
|Top Silog District's Dishes; Crocodile Sisig, Adobong Kambing, Ostrich Burger, Baby Back Ribs, Fried Chicken Strips, Crocodile Fillet|
- Crocodile Sisig (Php 200) - sisig experience leveled up! You might be hesitant at first but the moment you tried it you'll be surprised how you finished this one serving. It's like your typical sisig but with a hint of sweetness. I'm not sure if the sweetness is from the meat itself or just an added ingredient.
- Baby Back Ribs (Php 120) - Rejoice! Baby Back Ribs at 120 pesos is a great deal.
- Fried Chicken Strips (Php 95) - I must say the gravy is heavenly good and I love the idea of adding veggies as a side. This meal is an option if you dine with a companion who is not a fan for exotic food.
- Adobong Kambing (Php 125) - You wouldn't know it's kambing not until you taste it. This reminds me of my first experience when my Uncle who deceived me it's pork haha
- Ostrich with Bacon Burger (Php 110) - Never heard of this from any restaurant, only here. Oh! By the way, the ostrich meat is in the patty.
- Crocodile Fillet in Mushroom Gravy (Php 195) - Last but not the least, a must-try aside from crocodile sisig. This dish will make you appreciate crocodile meat in your plate. The gravy and the fried crocodile fillet are too good together (yes I ship them as if they're lovers).
Address: Ground Floor, Sebastien Hotel, ML Quezon, Highway, Lapu-Lapu City
Store Hours: (Tapsilogan) Mon-Sun 6:15 am - 10:00 pm , (wine and bar section) Mon-Sun 11:00 AM to 12:00 Midnight
Contact Number: (032) 494 1471